Country properties that are true walking distance from a town are hard to find as, the nearer they are, the more expensive the land is. This Finca is a few minutes’ walk away from the lovely town of Sax but for that small distance there is a caveat, the property is close to the A31 Alicante to Madrid Autovia as can be seen from the photo section.
So, a Finca where you don´t need a car, a rarity, the local supermarkets deliver so there is never a need to carry anything heavy and you can spend evenings in the town at one of the many bars and restaurants without having to worry about getting home safely.
Sax has a 13th century castle, an iconic feature that when lit up at night gives the impression it is floating as the rock it stands on is not lit and the views from this property could not be better.
The land is approximately 2,500m2 which is easily manageable and it is fully fenced so safe for dogs to run around to their hearts content. There are two entrances, one for vehicles and the other for pedestrians.
In the land are olive trees and other fruit trees and plenty of space for vegetable gardens, don´t worry, if you don´t fancy maintaining the land and crops there are plenty of farmers who will come and do it for you and split the profit.
Entering via the pedestrian way there is immediately a large covered terrace with plenty of seating areas and large pine trees to create areas of natural shade for the two hottest months of the year.
To the right-hand side is a pergola with a large table and chairs that the family use regularly for comfortable outdoor dining, two hammocks, perfect for sleeping off the meal and enjoying the views and there is also a BBQ. A carport is also near here.
To the rear of the house, is another large terrace, perfect as a solarium if you like to sunbathe and there is also enough space to put in a temporary swimming pool, so it is perfect to store it in the winter months and not having to maintain it.
There is a large storage room, where the batteries of the solar panels are located as this is the no-bills electricity supply. The thermos is self-sufficient, that is, it recharges itself to have hot water.
The property's water is for irrigation, but it is treated so it is perfectly safe to drink straight from the tap.
At the front of the house, where the outdoor dining table is, there is a larger storage room and another smaller one, one of which is being used as a woodshed.
The house has two bedrooms, the main one and a smaller one, a spacious living-dining room with a wood-burning stove, an open kitchen and a complete bathroom with a shower. It is a small but very cosy house. A wooden cabin with large windows has been built to the side of the property that is currently being used as an outdoor lounge but could be used as a workshop.
To be honest, when I am at the property the traffic from the Autovia doesn´t bother me but this is only something that you can decide on.
Six reasons to live in Sax (Alicante)
1. Beautiful Location: Sax, located in the province of Alicante, Spain, offers stunning natural landscapes and a pleasant climate. The town is surrounded by picturesque mountains, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, rock climbing, and nature walks. The nearby Sierra de Salinas mountain range is particularly renowned for its scenic beauty.
2. Rich History and Culture: Sax boasts a rich historical and cultural heritage. The town's castle, Castillo de Sax, is a prominent landmark that dates back to the 11th century and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area. Sax also celebrates various traditional festivals and events throughout the year, providing residents with a chance to immerse themselves in Spanish traditions and customs.
3. Affordable Cost of Living: Compared to larger cities in Spain, Sax offers a more affordable cost of living. Housing prices are generally lower, allowing residents to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle without breaking the bank. This affordability extends to daily expenses, including groceries, dining out, and leisure activities, making Sax an attractive place to live for those seeking a more budget-friendly option. A typical good quality Menu Del Dia (3 course meal including a drink) will cost in the region of 12-14€ per head.
4. Community Spirit: Sax is known for its warm and welcoming community. The town has a relatively small population, which fosters a strong sense of community and a friendly atmosphere. Residents often come together to participate in local events, festivals, and activities, creating opportunities for socializing and building meaningful connections with neighbours and fellow community members.
5. Proximity to Amenities: While Sax offers a tranquil and peaceful setting, it is conveniently located near larger towns and cities. Alicante, the capital of the province, is approximately 40 kilometres away, offering a wide range of amenities including shopping centres, restaurants, entertainment venues, and a vibrant nightlife. The coastal towns and beaches of the Costa Blanca are also within driving distance, allowing residents to enjoy the Mediterranean coastline and its associated leisure activities. There is an AVE station about a ten minute drive away. The AVE is the remarkable high-speed train link from Alicante to Madrid and you can be in Madrid in a little over 2 hours at a surprisingly low ticket price.
6. Sax is a wealthy town and is very successful with the manufacture of canopies and blinds that are now exported around the world. Nearly everyone is working which means that the crime level is very low and it is a very safe town to walk around whatever the time of day or night.
This info given here is subject to errors and do not form part of any contract. The offer can be changed or withdrawn without notice. Prices do not include purchase costs.