Requirements to visit Spain as of 16/05/2021
Documentation for UK nationals living in Spain before 1 January 2021 to enter Spain during current restrictions*
The Spanish Government has informed the UK Government that it has updated the list of documentation that UK nationals who were legally residing in Spain before 1 January 2021, and as such are beneficiaries of the Withdrawal Agreement, can use to prove their residence status when entering Spain while entry restrictions remain in place.
You will be required to present any one of the following documents to prove your residence status:
• Residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement (the TIE) – ‘la tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE)’
• Temporary or permanent EU residence certificate (green certificate) – ‘el certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Unión’ (tarjeta verde)
• Residence card as a family member of an EU citizen – ‘la tarjeta de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión’
• Receipt of application to exchange an EU residence certificate (green certificate) or residence card as a family member of an EU citizen for the new TIE (residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement) – ‘el resguardo de expedición de la tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE) o de la tarjeta de familiar de ciudadano de la Unión’
• Confirmation of the positive outcome of your residence application from the Immigration Office – ‘la resolución favorable de reconocimiento como beneficiario del Acuerdo de Retirada emitida por la Oficina de Extranjería competente’
The above list of documentation has also been communicated to airlines and other operators.
The link to our Travel Advice is here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements
The link to the announcement from the Spanish authorities is here: https://twitter.com/EmbSpainUK/status/1392837999944036352...